Ulta Beauty Mini Haul + Review ♡

Friday, May 20, 2016

Hi all! I got a blending set and some eyeshadow applicators from Ulta Beauty from my Aunt for my birthday last month. I also got a giftcard from her and bought a few things from Ulta myself! I decided to purchase the Covergirl nudes eyeshadow palette, as well as a new Maybelline mascara. Keep reading for a review of everything I got from Ulta.



Covergirl Eyeshadows- I got the Covergirl nudes palette, which has a wide variety of eyeshadows. It includes matte and shimmer shades and goes great with a lot of skin colors. I think this palette is perfect for an everyday look, because it has a lot of neutral browns. The shadows are very pigmented and easy to blend out to create a natural look. I wore this on my eyes to school and found that the shadows lasted all day and looked great, even without an eyeshadow primer.


Blending set- The blending set came with a brush and a sponge. The bristles of the makeup brush are super soft and feel nice on the skin. I like using the brush to blend out my bronzer anything else on my face to create a more natural look. It's also a good brush to use with powders. I LOVE the makeup sponge! It looks exactly like the BeautyBlender, but isn't $20! It comes is a set with the makeup brush for only $10! This sponge works just as well as the BeautyBlender for a fraction of the price. I first dampen it with water and it expands and becomes very squishy. Then I use it to apply either concealer or foundation. It blends my foundation into my skin flawlessly and makes applying makeup so much easier! I recommend anyone who doesn't want to pay $20 for a BeautyBlender to buy this sponge for half the price!

Maybelline Mascara- I was starting to run out of my mascara (Benefit They're Real) and decided to try a new one. I did get a few extra days out of my Benefit mascara by adding saline drops into the tube, which made it last longer. I bought the Maybelline Colossal Rocket Volume Express waterproof mascara. I always buy the waterproof version of mascara, because it is pretty hot where I live so my makeup tends to smudge off under my eyes. This mascara adds a lot of volume and I pair it with my Avon lengthening mascara. I like this mascara, however it find it to be a very wet formula. It doesn't dry very fast so it is very easy to smear on your eyelids right after applying. Other than this, I really like how the mascara applies and looks.

Eyeshadow applicators- I usually don't use eyeshadow applicators, and instead use makeup brushes. I am however going to try these for my eyeshadow and compare them to my makeup brushes.


Disclaimer: All thoughts, opinions and photos are mine :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images