Week In My Life: Beach Vacation at Oak Island ♡

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hey everyone! I just got back from the beach with my family on Sunday and wanted to share some of the fun things we did! I stayed at Caswell Beach on Oak Island for a week (from July 31-August 7).   My aunt stayed with my mom, sister and I from Sunday to Wednesday and then my dad came and joined us on Thursday. We rented a condo with a great beach view and access. Oak Island is an old fashioned little beach town on the coast of North Carolina. It's also close to a bunch of other beaches like Bald Head Island, Holden Beach, Sunset Beach, Ocean Isle and Myrtle Beach. It's also about a 15 minute drive away from Southport, which is a great town for shopping and eating. 

The drive from Charlotte to Oak Island was about 4 hours. We stopped along the highway at a produce stand that was selling delicious peach ice cream. 


While walking along the beach, we saw many turtle nesting spots. We noticed that at this spot there were a bunch of cracked and opened eggs, some with yolk inside. The people from turtle rescue told us that many of the turtles had already gone to sea and that a dog must have come at night and eaten the rest. A majority of them did find there way to the ocean which was great news!

Typical hair at the beach was either a messy bun or a ponytail. I hate when my hair gets all sticky and gross from the humidity so I like to keep it up and out of my face. I'm wearing a blue sports bra from Lululemon and a grey tank top from Champion.

We went to the Provision Company at Southport which had great seafood! If you are ever near Southport then you have to go to this restaurant. Don't be scared off if there's a really long line of people waiting, because they turn the tables over extremely fast. 

I got a new bikini top at Evita Swimwear Boutique! It's a white crochet halter top and I love it. It was only $15! The blue bikini bottoms went with a matching top but I thought it looked really cute with this new top too. 

Here's a picture of me in the bikini out on the balcony of the condo we were staying at. You can see the beautiful ocean view in the background! I was scared that this top wouldn't hold up in the water but it did! It withstood the rough waves like a champ.




This was the beautiful view from the Fish House restaurant that we ate dinner at. 



We kayaked around marshes and the intracoastal waterway. We also kayaked near Holden Beach which was really fun and great exercise. There were also other people paddle boarding around us and sailing around.

We ate lunch one day at the Flying Fish Cafe and we had a great view of the beach and the pier. The food was excellent and it was so nice to see everyone having fun out on the beach.


Here are all the bikinis I wore while I was at the beach. I bought the top left floral bikini top from a brand called Yamamay in Italy while shopping in Positano. The white bottoms, blue floral bikini top, light blue bikini set (top & bottoms) and pink striped bikini set (top & bottoms) are all from Target. I got the crochet bikini top from Evita's and the blue bikini bottoms from a brand called Cupsay. 

My trip to Oak Island was a nice, relaxing little getaway before heading back to school on August 29th :( I had a great time and thought the island was very charming and sweet! 

Thanks for reading!

Thea ♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images