Product Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation with Comfort Serum

Friday, February 19, 2016

Hello everyone! I went to Target about a month ago and bought the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation. I used the Cartwheel app to find a coupon that saved me 10% on my purchase, so I only paid $5.59 instead of $6.99. Rimmel London's makeup is not animal cruelty free, meaning it's tested on animals. I just recently started researching animal cruelty free beauty products, and I've decided not to throw away my old beauty products that aren't animal friendly, but to buy more products in the future that are animal friendly. I bought this foundation awhile ago, before I realized Rimmel still tests on animals. I hope you find this product review helpful!



This foundation claims to be full coverage and enriched with a comfort serum that provides instant, perfect coverage all day. It also says is supposed to be sweat, heat, humidity and transfer proof for up to 25 hours. It has a SPF 20 too, to protect skin from sunburns. I use the shade 203 in True Beige.

 

Just for reference, I have combination skin. In the Winter, it has a lot of dry patches and I need to moisturize it a lot. In the Spring and Summer, my face gets pretty oily with few dry patches. It's been cold where I live, so my face has been very dry recently. I would definitely recommend using a moisturizer with this foundation if you have dry spots on your face, because it tends to cling towards dry areas. I would also use a primer to blur out any imperfections, because the foundation wouldn't apply smoothly without it. If you have dry skin, you should use a sponge instead of a brush or your hands to apply this foundation, so that it won't irritate your dry skin and look cakey. 

I would definitely recommend this product more for people who have oily skin, because it will apply smoother and will stay in place all day. I think this would also be a great product for the Spring and Summer time, because it has SPF in it, and it won't move around from sweat or heat. I wore this foundation during my basketball game a few weeks ago, and I noticed that it stayed in place, and looked great! It is also a high coverage foundation, so it will cover up any acne, blemishes or redness. It's not super runny, or thick, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing a full coverage foundation on your face. I haven't tried the foundation on for 25 hours, because I always take my makeup off at night before I go to bed, but i would definitely say that it lasts at least 12 hours.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you learned something useful!

Disclaimer: All thoughts, opinions and photos are mine :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images