Product Review: Conair Instant Heat 1-1/4 Inch Curling Iron & Tips on Curling Hair

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Product Information for Model CD82PCS
-Conair Curling Iron 
-multi-layer technology for even heat distribution
-smart technology keeps barrel at a consistent heat
-unique button design prevents accidental shutoff
-turbo heat gives a burst of heat at the touch of a button
-dual voltage
-30 second heat-up
-25 heat settings
-on/off indicator light
-extra-long cool tip
-safety counter rest
-auto off

My Opinions

I really like this curling iron because of the cost and the quality. I bought this curling iron for $12.99 at Target, and I decided on a 1-1/4 inch curling iron because I have long, thick hair. This iron is perfect for loose bouncy, beachy waves. I wouldn’t recommend this iron to people who have thinner hair or who want small, tighter waves. The plastic packaging was difficult to get off (I had to get really big scissors).  I really liked that the curling iron had a safety counter rest, so that when the iron is heating up, I don’t damage any of my counters. The heat settings let you choose the right temperature for your type of hair, so you don’t have to add ore temperature than is needed. Since I have thick hair, I use the heat setting 20, but they have a very wide range of heat settings. The auto off is an also very important feature that I look for in hair appliances, because it ensures that your hair appliance won’t burn your house down if you forget to turn it off. Also, it’s great that this curling iron has dual voltage, because I sometimes travel out of the country (I am going to London over Winter break), and it’s a huge hassle to have to worry about bringing wall adapters for your electronics. The barrels are nice and smooth, and don’t snag on my hair.



Tips on How to Curl Your Hair

Step 1: Brush out all your hair, so that there are no knots or tangles. This is important so that your hair won’t snag or tangle while it is being curled. Turn on your curling iron and set it to the right temperature setting.


Step 2: Make sure to use heat protectant on your hair, to ensure that your hair isn’t damaged by all the heat you are about to apply to it. This is the TRESemme Heat Tamer ($3.99).
Step 3: Split your hair into 2 or 3 layers depending on the thickness of your hair (I usually do 3 layers). Gather your top layers, make a bun on the top of your head and tie it with an elastic or use a butterfly clip.
Step 4: Starting with the back of your head, take a 1 inch section of hair and clasp the end of your hair with the iron. Then turn the iron in the direction that you want your curls to go.  You can also turn your curling iron into a curling wand, simply by not using the clasp and wrapping your hair around it. When you finish curling a piece of hair, ball the hair up in your fist near your head, which will make your curls hold longer.
Step 5: Keep wrapping your hair around the iron and once your bottom layer is done, you can bring down another layer of your hair, so eventually you have curled all the layers. Once you get the front sections of your hair, I would recommend curling away from your face, which will frame. For the other sections I would alternate curling away and towards your face.

Step 6: If you want loose waves, then finger through your hair. If you would rather have tighter curls, then you can skip this step.

Step 7: Finish your look of by spritzing a little hairspray on your hair, and then you are good to go!

Thanks for reading and please comment below and subscribe to my email list to get emailed when I make a new post :)

 THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. The 3 pictures under "my opinions" were taken by me.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great post! Your hair is gorgeous by the way! xx

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. design research and development production and processing according to customer requirements, https://www.hairstylingtools.net/product/heated-hair-curling-brush/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images