2015 Beauty, Fashion & More Favorites: Makeup

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Makeup

Brushes, Tools and Sponges-
Revlon Eyelash Curler- This is a really good eyelash curler if your eyelashes are straight and have no curl! I also love the Laura Mercier eyelash curler, however the handle came off of mine so it doesn't work anymore. The Laura Mercier one will curl your eyelashes instantly up with one press.

Sponge Wedge- I got this sponge wedge from CVS in a big pack. They pretty porous, so they can be squished a lot, and they give a nice dewy finish.

Brushes- The first brush is a kabuki brush from Claire's that is extremely soft and perfect for blending and packing on powder. The next 3 Sonia Kashuk brushes came in a set of 11 brushes that I got at Target. The first on I use for powder, the second for foundation and the third for contouring. Then I have two eyeshadow brushes from Lancome and Essence of Beauty that I really like using on my eyes.

Face-
 Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze- This product gives a beautiful glow and adds warmth to your face. I apply it to the high points of my face, like my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Mineral- This is a good primer if you're using a mineral powder foundation. This primer nourishes and adds vitamins to your face.

Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Almond- I really like this tinted moisturizer. It gives light coverage, but you can add more product to areas where you need more coverage. Also this product has SPF 20, so it will protect you from the sun, and it's oil free so it prevents your face from getting oily and shiny throughout the day. 

Pur Minerals Correcting Primer- This primer is great for smoothing out your face before applying foundation, and will allow make your foundation stay on longer and look smoother. 

Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent- This is the best look setting powder your will find! It makes your face look matte and will keep your face makeup from moving around during the day. You can apply it in the places where you get more oily so it will absorb the oil. I love setting my makeup with this!!!

Eyes/Brows-
POP Beauty Eyeshadow Palette in Picture Pop- I got this eyeshadow palette when I first started wearing makeup, and I still really enjoy it. It is a really versatile palette, which browns, grays, purples, blues and more! I usually use the gold and brown colors.

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow Palette in Pastel Brights- This palette is really pretty, and perfect for Winter! It has cooler shadows with matte and shimmer shades.

Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara in Black- I got the travel size version of this mascara as a Sephora birthday gift and fell in love with the volume and length it gave my lashes. The brush is pretty big, which I like since I have very short and thin eyelashes. It's easy to apply, and costs only $12 at Sephora, which isn't much more than a good drugstore mascara.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony- I like that this product has a spoolie brush at one end, and the pencil at the other end. If you use this pencil properly, your eyebrows will look very natural and pretty.

Lips-
Carmex Lip Balm- I like to put this on my lips when they are really chapped, which is usually during the Winter.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Rikugien- This lip pencil moisturizes your lips and can be used like a lip liner also. I love the color, and I got it as one of the Sephora birthday gifts. It's travel sized, so you can fit it in a clutch of purse!

Pomegranate Rose Scented Lip Gloss- This is a really pretty Winter lip gloss, that adds a pretty color the lips. You can wear it by itself or over a lipstick.

Jordana Moisturizing Balm Stain in Terra Crave- The color of this is dark and really pretty. It looks like a dark peach color, and it definitely moisturizes your lips. Since it is a stain, it stays on for a long time also.

Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: All thoughts, opinions and photos are mine.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images